for the good of it
Chris is a proud member of ASCAP
Click the picture above for a short article and review of the new "Once Upon A Rhyme" album.
Copyright Chris Ahlman. All rights reserved.
All Chris Ahlman wants to do is create good music and share it with everybody to enjoy.
The San Francisco Bay Area resident and Nashville Recording Artist grew up with music and spent much of his childhood behind a piano and, later, a saxophone. At fifteen, he switched over to guitar and vocal work, and since 2007, has been entertaining audiences with his original music.
Chris has had the wonderful experience of working with some of the finest artists in the world on his music, including some Grammy winning musicians like Producer/Songwriter/Teacher Cliff Goldmacher (Keb Mo, Ke$ha, Lisa Loeb, Mickey Hart), George Marinelli (Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Hornsby) and Kerry Marx (Johnny Cash, Taylor Swift, John Legend...and many more). Kerry played electric guitars on Chris' album "Once Upon A Rhyme," released in 2021. He currently serves as Music Director at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. The album has amassed over 500,000 streams on Spotify since its release in mid-2021. Kerry also recently joined the group of amazing musicians with his lead guitar for a spectacular week of production in Nashville to record Chris' brand new album which is due out in early 2023. Included in this new project, among others, are Kerry's wife Catherine Marx, on the piano and Hammond B3 organ. Catherine played recently with Willie Nelson and is set to tour this year with Reba McEntire. Also included on the new record is Andrea Zonn on the fiddle, who plays in James Taylor's band.
Chris' prominent influences include Dave Matthews, Counting Crows, Pearl Jam, John Mayer, Train, Bob Dylan, The Fray, Augustana, David Gray, and Hootie and the Blowfish to name a few. His lyrics are positive and uplifting, his guitar work is mellow, and his vocals are strong and soothing.
“My music is focused towards inspiring people to think about life,” he explains, “and the world that we live in from a positive and good perspective. I believe that music is a wonderful and good part of this world that brings people together.”
- Saturday December 3rd @ Hannah Nicole Winery in Brentwood, CA, 1pm-4pm
- Friday December 9th @ A Grape in the Fog in Pacifica, CA, 5pm-7:30pm
- Sunday December 11th @ Groveside Bistro in Clayton, CA, 11am-1pm
- Friday December 16th @ Canyon Club Brewery in Moraga, 6pm-8pm
- Friday December 30th @ The Barnyard Epicurean Wine Bar in Danville, CA, 6pm-9pm
- Friday January 6th @ Mullins Bar and Grill in Half Moon Bay, CA, 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday January 7th @ Canyon Club Brewery in Moraga, CA, 6pm-8pm
- Saturday January 28th @ Canyon Club Brewery in Moraga, CA, 6pm-8pm
- Friday February 24th @ Canyon Club Brewery in Moraga, CA, 6pm-8pm
- Saturday February 25th @ The Barnyard Epicurean Wine Bar in Danville, CA, 6pm-9pm
- Friday March 17th @ The Barnyard Epicurean Wine Bar in Danville, CA, 6pm-9pm
- Friday March 24th @ The Barnyard Epicurean Wine Bar in Danville, CA, 6pm-9pm
- Saturday July 29th @ Hannah Nicole Winery in Brentwood, CA, 6pm-9pm, Annual Lobster Fest